Robot Circus is currently looking for mid to senior 2D game artists to join our team.
We have a number of exciting projects in production, including a 3D turn-based sci-fi tactics game for PC, and a new puzzle game for mobile. We’re looking for enthusiastic developers to join us at our studio in Carlton, Melbourne.
The positions are full time, for a fixed period of 5-12 month. (The duration depends on the project, and there is potential for the positions to become permanent.)
Position: Mid-Senior 2D Game Artist
Duration: Full time, 5-12 months (depending on project)
Location: Carlton, Melbourne
- Creating 2D game assets, including:
- Isometric environments
- Puzzle game elements
- User interface elements
- Particle and other visual effects
- Creating 2D characters for skeletal animation
- 2D skeletal animation
- Work with designers, programmers and other artists to create and integrate assets into the game
- Reporting progress on tasks, and estimating time needed for new tasks
- Communicating with other team members
- Contributing to game design and helping to make the game the best it can be
- Proficient developing with Unity
- Experience with Photoshop
- Experience working in a wide range of art styles
- Proficient with using source control software
- Experience completing and shipping projects
- Able to work independently and manage their own time
- Able to work effectively in a team
- Strong sense of what makes a game fun and polished
- Passion for making fun games
- Experience with creating 2D games
- Experience with creating visual effects, juice and bling
- Experience with using Esoteric Software’s Spine an advantage
- 3D modeling and animation experience in Maya would be beneficial
Salary: Negotiable, based on experience and skill set
To Apply: Send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
About Robot Circus:
Robot Circus is an independent games development studio based in Carlton.
Small but prolific, the studio was founded in 2012 with a goal to make quality, innovative gaming experiences. Since opening our doors, we have developed over 18 titles, including a mix of entertaining and serious, casual and core games.
Robot Circus is known for our award-winning work in the educational space, and also for our Puzzle-RPG, Ticket To Earth, which has received critical acclaim and won a number of awards including an Australian Game Developer Award, and first place at the Game Development World Championship.
We love telling stories, and we’re passionate about games! We pride ourselves on adding the spark that makes each of our games special, and strive to create game experiences that make the world a little bit brighter.
We’ve got a nice place to work in the CBD, Come join us!